1500 S Center St
Plainfield, IN 46168
ph: (317) 839-9121
GENERAL RULES OF HUMMEL PARK
Reservations for all facilities at Hummel Park must be made through the Office of the Park Administrator, 1500 S. Center St., Plainfield, IN 46168, or by calling (317) 839-9121. All rental fees and deposits must be paid at the time of reservation. Cancellation of a reservation MUST be made more than 14 days prior to the reservation date in order to receive a full refund. All fees will be forfeited for cancellations made within 14 days of the rental date.
Organized functions such as company picnics, church picnics, weddings, etc., are prohibited in Hummel Park shelter houses, gazebos, and common or open areas of the park. Other facilities within Hummel Park, including the Charleston Pavilion, are available for rent for these types of events. Shelters and gazebos are for individual rentals for private parties, such as family reunions and birthday parties.
Restrooms for park patrons on the east side of White Lick Creek are located in the brick building near the bridge, and on the west side of the creek, in the brick building near the amphitheater. All other restrooms, including the community center restrooms, are for private use by those renting the facilities and are not open for public use.
Renters will be held responsible for clean up and for repairs of damages which occur during their rental period for facilities and the surrounding areas. Violation of park rules, regulations and ordinances MAY result in renters forfeiting their rental or any remaining portion thereof, and violators WILL be assessed fines, fees and may forfeit their rights to future use of park facilities.
All sports facilities within Hummel Park are open to the public for recreational use only (NO ORGANIZED SPORTS), except the baseball and softball diamonds. Usage of baseball or softball diamonds within the park by an organized group or team is prohibited without prior approval through the Office of the Park Administrator. All organized sports groups MUST utilize a designated sports facility and are prohibited from utilizing open or green space. A valid certificate of liability insurance is required for any organized sports group. Any group violating this policy WILL forfeit its future opportunities to use the facilities at Hummel Park.
Any lost or found property should be reported to the Office of the Park Administrator, located in the Guilford Township Community Center.
Hummel Park closes at dusk, except during park-sanctioned events which may exceed beyond normal hours of operation. Vehicles left in the park after hours are subject to fines and towing at the owner’s expense.
The following additional restrictions apply:
• Children under 12 years of age MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and must be supervised at all times.
• Operation of any motorized vehicle on park property other than the parking lots and public roads is prohibited. Drivers operating vehicles on trails, sidewalks or grass MAY BE PROSECUTED.
• Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in Hummel Park. VIOLATORS MAY BE PROSECUTED.
• Smoking is prohibited within Hummel Park and its facilities. All tobacco products are prohibited within facilities.
• Dogs are permitted in Hummel Park but MUST be kept on a physical leash no more than six (6) feet in length. Owners must remain with their dogs and be in control of the animals at all times. Dogs are PROHIBITED from the playground areas and buildings. All other animals, except wildlife, including any other types of domesticated animals, are prohibited.
• Tents, canopies, awnings, inflatable games, bounce houses, etc., are prohibited in Hummel Park unless written permission is granted in advance. It is the responsibility of any renter to make the park office aware of any type of activity or equipment that will be used in conjunction with any event, at the time of rental so permission may be granted in writing.
• All cooking within the park shall be done on the grills provided and use of other grilling, smoking or cooking devices utilizing fire or flame is prohibited.
• Any overloading of electrical systems by any renter, his or her guests and/or agents will result in the renter being assessed a fine as well as fees for any damages.
• Loud and/or inappropriate music or language is prohibited. The use of any amplified sound and/or musical instruments, especially any situation constituting a “live” performance or band is prohibited unless written permission is granted in advance.
• Riding bicycles on bridges is prohibited in Hummel Park. Violators will be fined and may forfeit rights to use the park.
• Use of any model or remote controlled/radio controlled device, including but not limited to drones, aircraft, aquatic equipment, or vehicles is prohibited.
• Soliciting is prohibited within Hummel Park. Vendors MUST request a vendor permit through the Office of the Park Administrator. Vendors are only allowed during park-sanctioned events and ONLY with a valid permit.
• Climbing fences to gain access to locked facilities, including baseball and softball diamonds, is illegal and MAY RESULT IN PROSECUTION. Unlawful entry is a felony.
• Guilford Township, Hummel Park and its staff are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
• Swimming in any waterways or lakes within Hummel Park is strictly prohibited and MAY RESULT IN PROSECUTION.
Copyright 2009 Hummel Park. All rights reserved
1500 S Center St
Plainfield, IN 46168
ph: (317) 839-9121